What is the difference between online and offline bingo? No difference, really! The rules of the game are the same, you get to chat with other people in the room, and the jackpots keep on coming. But what do you do when you get bored?
One of online bingo’s most appealing features, and certainly an advantage it has over its offline cousin, is the opportunity to play bingo side games, like slots and scratch cards.
What are bingo side games?
Exactly what you’d think: games of skill and chance that you can play while you’re waiting for the bingo numbers to be called out. On most bingo sites, you’ll find them in the arcade section. There are loads to choose from, with more being added every week. The most popular side games you’ll find on bingo sites are:
- Classic casino games such as blackjack and craps. These familiar formats are popular with a wide range of bingo players.
- Slots of different kinds, including the very popular Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Thunderstruck.
- Scratch cards with appealing designs that offer players the chance to score cash prizes in seconds.
- Skill games of various sorts. These are often based on classic games like Keno and hi/lo, but there are also bingo sites that offer their own custom skill games. These games can be lots of fun and provide a great reason to keep returning to a site.
- Progressive jackpot slots are also very popular and they appeal to bingo fans because of their high prizes. It’s a good idea to keep an eye on the jackpot while playing bingo, and get in when it rolls over a few times.