Playing bingo is a fun experience: the game is easy to follow, you get the thrill of the win as you match the numbers, and it’s a great way to socialize with like-minded people.
Nowadays, playing bingo has become even more exciting as instead of going to a brick-and-mortar bingo hall, you now get to play your favourite game online, enjoying the same fun experience from the comfort of your own home.
As a newbie to the world of online bingo it’s not unusual to feel confused about which site to pick and how to start playing. Here is what you need to know before you get started:
Choosing an online bingo site
First of all, ask yourself: what is it that you are looking for? The thrill of the game, the social interaction or the possibility to win some cash? Then, read the reviews and, depending on your motivation, make your pick. While reading the reviews and comparing the various bingo sites, here are some of the factors to consider:
- Variety of games: pick a website offering a wider range of games so that you don’t get bored after a while.
- Bonuses: choose a bingo site with a generous welcome bonus that would allow you to learn the ropes of the game without spending your own money.
- Free games: it’s nice to enjoy a free ride once in a while, so keep this in mind when making your decision.
- Bonus games: these are interesting side-games that will keep you entertained while waiting for the numbers to be called out.
- Chat services: social interaction is one of the essential features of a successful bingo establishment, whether online or at a bricks-and-mortar hall. No chat means no real bingo experience!
- Community: are people on the site talkative and friendly? It’s important to know before you make a deposit.
Types of bingo games
If you are a novice bingo players, you are probably not aware there are several types of bingo games. Here are the most popular ones:
90-ball: Very popular in Europe, Australia and South America, this bingo game is played on a 27-square card. Each ticket has 3 lines of 9 squares. There are 5 numbers on each line, with a total of 15 numbers on the card. On the first column, you have the numbers ranging from 1-9, on the second one, the numbers from 10-19, and so on. The 90-ball bingo game offers three chances to win—for one, two or three lines.
75-ball: This type of game is also known as American bingo. It is played on 5×5 grid cards and offers players various ways to win, depending on the winning pattern
30-ball: Also known as speed bingo, this game is played on 3×3 grid cards and the winner is the players who matches all the numbers on his card first.